Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Grateful List....

The sermon that Pastor preached on Sunday morning{which was Easter morning} was one I needed to hear and I was glad that God made it possible for me to be there. It was summed up as this: EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK! I really felt some conviction on things that I should be grateful for but wasn't. So here is my grateful list.

I am grateful for:

-My husband--Richard loves God & loves me & our children. He works hard so that I am able to be a stay home wife & mom. I don't give him enough praise for what he does, instead I complain or nag him for what he doesn't do{this is something I am working on}

-My children-- God has blessed us with two beautiful, healthy children. Yes, I have always wanted at least 3 & yes they can drive me crazy sometimes, but I'm grateful for our two children that God DIDN'T have to give us.

-My house-- It's far from our dream home & there are many things wrong with it, but when I really think about it, there are many people out there that don't even have a house or apt. to go home too.

-My Car-- We didn't get the car we absolutely wanted{we were told we couldn't afford it at the time} but at least we have a car to get us from point A to point B, even if it reminds us of our grandparents car.

-My clothes-- They may not be very stylish, & they may be 'Hand-me-downs' but at least I have clean clothes to wear that keep me covered & warm right?!?

-My food-- I sometimes complain that we don't have food to eat when it gets close to payday, but what I really should say is we don't have anything that looks appealing. I still shouldn't complain about that though because yet again there are people out there who don't have the luxury of 'food at their fingertips'.

There are many more things that I am grateful/thankful for but these are a few things that I need to remember no matter how bad things may seem: EVERYTHING IS GOING TO BE OK!

No comments: